Misty Wood - spiritual forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Misty Wood - spiritual forum

A forum for all things spiritual, tarot, reiki and beyond.

5 posters

Crystal protection when using computers

Misty Wood
    Misty Wood
    Admin

Crystal protection when using computers Empty Crystal protection when using computers

Post  Misty Wood Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:52 pm

With so many of us working predominantly with computers, we forget how much electromagnetic radiation we are absorbing on a daily basis... But there is something we can do to protect ourselves...

Black tourmaline!

Black tourmaline is said to protect from all kinds of negativity, ranging from electronic radiation from TVs and computers, to negative people, psychic attacks, past lives and spells. Black tourmaline seems to bring grounding in your life, and to balance our bodily systems for health.

What is Tourmaline?

Tourmaline has been used as a gem for over 2,000 years. In physical terms, tourmaline is a borosilicate mineral of complex and variable composition. Tourmaline is the name given to the group of related minerals that all have essentially the same crystal structure, but that vary significantly in chemical composition and in some of their physical properties.

Another name for tourmaline is ‘schorl’. Tourmaline can be found in many countries such as the US, Brazil, Burma and Zimbabwe.

Unique Properties of Tourmaline

What is chemically special about tourmaline is that when it is heated, it obtains an electric charge. When charged, it attracts small objects such as hair or small pieces of paper. It is this unique property that has resulted in scientific and industrial uses of tourmaline.

Black Tourmaline as Protector

Black tourmaline has strong protective properties, and can offer shielding from harmful emissions from electronic equipment, from psychic attack and it is said to protect from magic spells and curses in present and past lives.

Black Tourmaline additional information
    Black tourmaline, also known as schorl, is associated with the root or base chakra, and is excellent for grouding excess energy. It is a well known as a purifying stone that deflects and transforms negative energy, and thus is very protective. It can transform and remove negativity from an individual or an environment. It is often used as an aura cleanser, and can help one attain higher levels of awareness. Black tourmaline is also used for repelling and protecting one from black magick, and is often said to return the negative spell to the sender. Some claim that black tourmaline deflects all kinds of energy, but my personal experience is that it's not so. It is possible that the black tourmaline's effect of grounding excess energy gives this impression. Black tourmaline is also used to deflect radiation energy from tv's and computer monitors. Emotionally, black tourmaline is excellent for dispelling fears, obsessions, and neuroses, bringing emotional stability. Physically, black tourmaline is said in crystal healing to strengthen the immune system, help with heart disease, arthritis, and gout.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Mluvbears

Crystal protection when using computers Empty Re: Crystal protection when using computers

Post  Mluvbears Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 am

Thank you for sharing this. I will have to get some soon!
    Misty Wood
    Misty Wood
    Admin

Crystal protection when using computers Empty Re: Crystal protection when using computers

Post  Misty Wood Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:14 pm

I have found it very useful at work where I spend too much time in front of the laptop screen and projector!

Terri
    Terri

Post  Terri Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:46 am

Interesting...

I need to pick some up and place it around my office. I work on a computer - at minimum - 10 hours a day. Plus I work in a highly stressful office. There are days where I'm so exhausted, I can't sleep. It's hard sometimes to know where the "off" button is.

This just may help...I'm willing to give it a try!
    CelticRose
    CelticRose

Post  CelticRose Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:46 am

Thank you for sharing Misty!! I JUST recieved some black tourmaline and need to cleanse and recharge it. I have always known black tourmaline to be very theraputic as well as block electro~magnetic airwaves and is one of the best for protection!

The night I brought it home, I stored it in wrappings and a dark dresser and that night, I had a flood of emotions!! I also was able to recover some surpressed 'good' memories of my childhood. Details I had loong forgotten. It was a beautiful excperiance!~ *I had not even charged it!*

~So when clearing and charging black tourmaline, would I use the same technique I would use for other crystals, or is there a different form I should use with black tourmaline..since its properties are a bit different?? Thank you!!
    Misty Wood
    Misty Wood
    Admin

Post  Misty Wood Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Tourmaline absorbs that which we consider negative energy, and this is why regularly caring for your crystals is a good practice, Not only cleaning it physically with a light soapy water but clearing it from the build up of stored negative energy.

This can be done very effectively in a few different ways. One can place the crystal in a glass of pure water and leave it out at least over night in a full moon; a few drops of lavender in the water will also help this process. You can also place the crystal in a stream or river, running water works best and try leaving it in the water over night is possible. Three days has been said to be ideal using this method. Burying your crystal in the earth is another way to cleanse and rejuvenate the crystals.

To use dirt for the cleansing of your crystal and/or mineral, dig a hole and place the stone point down and loosely cover it back up with dirt. This is one of the most powerful ways to cleanse your crystal and/or mineral. It is always good to use a marker to mark where you put the stone, if you are planting it outside. Otherwise you can use a pot with organic soil. It is best not to let the crystals and/or minerals sit in the dirt for more than twenty-four hours.

Dried herbs are probably the gentlest way to cleanse your crystals and/or minerals. You can experiment on what herbs work best for you. A few examples that I have used are: sage, frankincense, rose petals, sandalwood, clovers, daisies, and comfrey. Just lay your stone into a bowl and sprinkle the dried herbs over the top. You can reuse the herbs a couple of times on the crystals then you can use them for aromatherapy. You get a double use from the herbs.

You can also lay your crystal and/or mineral on top of a quartz cluster, which would include your amethyst clusters and citrine clusters depending on the type of cleansing needed. Just lay your stone on top of the cluster and allow the larger crystal to cleanse and recharge the smaller one. Of course the large cluster would need to be cleansed itself after doing this a couple of times.
    CelticRose
    CelticRose

Post  CelticRose Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Thank you so much!! Wonderfully brilliant methods!! Ill try a few different ones for each stone! Very Happy
    Lady_Kara
    Lady_Kara

Crystal protection when using computers Empty Another Black stone that works well

Post  Lady_Kara Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:14 am

I have always been attracted to Black stones. Black Onyx was the first stone I picked out for myself. Now Black Onyx has through the years gotten a bum rap, many books on crystal working say it is a negative stone. But one thing most people do not know is there is really not a true black onyx. The closest you get to a black onyx is zebra onyx which is a layered blackand white striped onyx that was used for many centuries to carve cameos out of. And snowflake onyx which is black with white inclusions that look like snow flakes. But neither is a true onyx. Onyx is a member of the Quartz family, and to get black onyx it is dyed.
    When working with it, I have found, like other quartz's it makes a wonderful source for holding power, plus with the natural matrix lines that onyx has, once empowered and blessed for a certain person, others cannot reach into it. They get lost in the matrix lines, which protects the power you have stored in it. But like other members of the quartz family it can pick up negative energys and needs to be cleansed of them now and then.
    Another more expensive black stone that works well in keeping out negative energy, and one which has become my favorite, is Black Diamonds. Not nearly as expensive as clear or colored diamonds, due to the fact that they look like other black stones in jewelry. But they are catching on in popularity. They also work just as well as black tourmaline or black onyx. I hope this gives you a little more to go on for stones that work well for this type of negative energy removal.
    CelticRose
    CelticRose

Post  CelticRose Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:34 pm

How do you feel about black topaz? I don't know alot about it..but I have this beautiful ring my grandma gave me! I get a wonderful charge with it! Thanks! X
    Mluvbears

Post  Mluvbears Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:51 pm

I have several stones that are polished. Are the uncut, rough, stones better to use?

Thanks!
    Lady_Kara
    Lady_Kara

Crystal protection when using computers Empty Black Topaz, and tumbled or rough

Post  Lady_Kara Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:34 pm

I looked into Black Topaz as I have never heard of it in that color, so I checked my GIA (gemilogical institute of america) Book. Topaz does not come in Black. The darkest is a medium brown. So it must be another stone. But no matter what it is, if it works for you and holds a good charge, don't worry about what it is. If it is a true black, it could be Tourmaline. But if you want to know for sure, you might take it to a jeweler and just ask for it to be looked at. Most will give you a opinion, but will want you to have it tested and that could cost you upwards to $100 or more. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Just wear it and work with it and appreciate it for where it comes from.
    As for crystal stones being tumbled or rough, it doesn't matter, except for weither or not you want it to be worn as jewelry. Tumbled stones usually have a nice polish to them, and can be caged and worn. But either way they will work. Cleanse them and Bless them to your work and to the Goddess and they will work fine.
    Hope this answers your questions. If not just let me know, and I'll see what else I can help you with. Bright Blessings All. Lady Kara
    CelticRose
    CelticRose

Post  CelticRose Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:48 am

Thank you so much Lady Kara!~ It does have a browinish hue to it..but really dark like black. I swore she said it was black topez..but like you say, as long as the energy works for me, and it has great sentimental value..Ill always charish it!~ I am tempted to take a pic and post it with Misty's permission!~ Thanks luv!~ Many Blessings!
    Lady_Kara
    Lady_Kara

Crystal protection when using computers Empty Black topaz

Post  Lady_Kara Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:27 pm

It may be a very dark pice of smoky quartz, which in some places was known by the name smokey topaz. It can be a very dark almost black color depending on the setting it is in. if it is open on the back or you are able to without blinding yourself, shine a small light through it. Is the best way to see true color. But work it, cherish it. No matter the name, it is want works for you that is the best. Bright Blessings. Kara

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:02 am