Misty Wood - spiritual forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Misty Wood - spiritual forum

A forum for all things spiritual, tarot, reiki and beyond.

4 posters

Merry Meet

Morning Star
    Morning Star

Merry Meet Empty Merry Meet

Post  Morning Star Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:19 am

Hello,

My name is Morning Star i am a Solitary (though would love to meet others in my area, South Wales) According to my father he knew i was a Witch the day I was born (the only one in the family for 178 years) I lived in the states for 8 years during that time I did a Wicca course, which i sailed through, don't get me wrong I am not bragging its just that its not often I am good at something.

My path found me, I do read tarot and have two decks (Moon Garden and Fairy tarot) though have never done a reading for anyone else. I have a large collection of gemstones and do candle magic.

I have recently learnt Astral Projection and am getting better and going further. The first time it happened was completely by surprise and i wasn't sure what to do. Now I have complete control of where I go and for how long, during one of my travels I met a little boy in victorian clothing going into the local school (he is looking for his sister)

Also in my kitchen I have a Fairy who likes to switch on my toaster on the wall, but not turn it on to toast. I think she is telling me to buy a new one.

I love to learn new things and sharing with others. Thank you Misty for your reading and letting me join your site.

Blessed Be xx Like a Star @ heaven
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

Merry Meet Empty Re: Merry Meet

Post  Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Dear MorningStar,
    I am happy to see you have joined this wonderful forum! You refer to an interesting section in your message about the victorian boy you meet during astral travelling. Do you have a warm feeling about him, as though you may have known him in a past life? I find this reference very interesting and am sure you have had contact with this boy at some stage. Perhaps it was you he was looking for. Where else have you been while astral travelling? I would love to find out more, perhaps one could put a section here on astral travelling. Would be a very interesting topic!
    Love, light and blessings,
    röebok
    Misty Wood
    Misty Wood
    Admin

Post  Misty Wood Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Welcome to the forum Morning Star Smile

I am so pleased to see you here...

Relax, enjoy and join in.

Misty
    )O(
    HuffyPup

Post  HuffyPup Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Astral travel! - I'm so pleased to see someone is having good results with it. I spent quite a lot of time in my teens and twenties trying to get it to work and never quite did - but that's okay as I learned some relaxation techniques at the time that I still use today. I've occasionally experienced it briefly by accident, but never managed to induce it when trying.

The little victorian boy sounds like he may have been unable to move on because he's never found his sister, doesn't he? I wonder what the story is there - I would speculate that he died at or near the school without his sister present and doesn't feel able to move on until he's found her. Given that it's go long since Victorian times that she's certainly passed on herself I wonder if hes missed her so is unable to move on himself?

I wonder if you could get a name from him and do some research to find out who they may have been, and what became of them?
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

Post  Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:47 am

I find this topic really fascinating. I got interested in astral travelling during my time in England and bougth a book that taught such exact techniques and methods that I had a little success with a couple of beautiful experiences. The time during which I practiced it was so clearly marked by the whole experience, until the day that I had such a negative highly intense lucid dream that I immediately put the book down the following day and stopped. I realised it wasn't for me at this time and was just far too intense. The results were remarkable for me. I shall perhaps describe a couple of the positive results, merging into dreams too that I had at a later stage. I can remember them when I want as clearly as though they were yesterday.

About the dream about the victorian boy, yes I find the last thoughts interesting. I would also go so far as to say though that you might play a special part in this story. That perhaps you hold a 'key' to the story, his death, or finding his sister. Perhaps she was a friend of yours in a present or past life and whom you only knew her brother vaguely or that she had a brother. There could be many possibilities, I think very likely that he was a direct relative of yours or like a say brother of a friend.

Have you ever seen him again since then. I find it very interesting what stories one experiences, and somehow this one sounds very warm, welcoming to me as though I may have experienced it too sometime or something similar. There is something about the Victorian age.

Do you still astral travel, or was this earlier on? My experiences were also very beautiful. Would love to share more..! Wink

Love and light,

Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Morning Star
    Morning Star

Post  Morning Star Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Thank you all for your messages.

In reply to the astral projection, the first time was a complete surprise (it happened after sex lol) and I wasn't sure what was going on. Then it happened nearly every time after sex, fair play my boyfriend got used to me just going. Then it just clicked and now I can do it anytime, at first I didn't leave the house now I go to the school at the end of my street, where the little boy is wandering around. I have seen him in the house nextdoor but not in my house.

I will try to talk to him and find out more,

Blessed Be,

Morning Star Like a Star @ heaven
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

Post  Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Funny, perhaps it was because of the euphoria that you only experienced in sex or first experience through it that led to the travels. I find there are several ways of experiencing this like in shamanic trance experiences, where euphoria is very significant and seen as essential for people to be happy in their lives. If it was this euphoria, then I would find it interesting to find the connection between it and astral travelling. On the other hand I could well imagine it, that when having sex (if you don't mind me speaking so openly) you already began the astral travelling process ~ feeling so 'high' in your spirits, that you began or prepared for your spirit to leave your body and travel.

Did you also find you are attached by a silver rope or thread? I think this is common in teachings, but is also not so important.

You have given me immense curiosity in your astral travelling experience and also in my perhaps trying it out again, sometime in the future when all things are well in my life again..

Do tell us what the you discover about the boy. Try to see him clearly, what he is doing, if he is speaking, what direction he is going in.. anything that you notice. The more you do, the more you will be able to understand him and eventually find the right way to interact or communicate with him. I'm sure you'll find a way. Good luck!

Blessings,

Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    HuffyPup

Post  HuffyPup Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Well there are plenty of cultures in which sex is used as a "tool" for accessing spiritual resources. In fact some people believe that is the reason why so many organised churches are so negative about sex - it was a strong motif for the faiths the church needed to supplant in order to become pre-eminent. Many, many faiths (including some christian sects) believe that other physical activities (eg dancing, singing, running, climbing, balancing and stretching) can help, too. The scientific explanation would be that all these activities produce endorphines in the body, which are chemically and pharmacalogically similar to Opiates (morphine, Heroin etc) which are known to be hallucinagenic.

Personally, though, I believe there is a little more going on than that. I've only had experience with Astral Travel when i've either been very, very tired or very, very ill (influenza as a child). I'd love to recreate that wonderfull feeling, but to date i've achieve negligable success at best.
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

Post  Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:33 am

Dear HuffyPuff,
    Yes, you're right (e.g. tantra) Wink I started astral travelling because I bought a book, like I say, that I found very powerful. Do you also know techniques for inducing it? I also once had a self-hypnosis book and there was a powerful tool used by going down ten steps and counting. This is also used in relaxation methods. I think one can also adapt them to astral travelling, but I can't remember, as I put my book down after a bad dream I had.

Does anyone use counting methods? How do they work?

Blessings,

Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    HuffyPup

Post  HuffyPup Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf wrote:

Does anyone use counting methods? How do they work?

"Counting Sheep" is a cliched way of getting to sleep. It does work, anything that requires concentration and focuses the mind away from whatever is keeping you awake will help you sleep. Personally I think of a trivial problem and invent a way to solve it. Like designing (in my head) a picture-frame that automatically keeps the pictures level by sensing the position of a bubble in a spirit level - something diverting but not sufficiently troubling to actually keep me awake!

Another good idea is to start to look at the random patterns of colour you get after a few minutes with your eyes closed (only works a very dark rooms).
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

Post  Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Dear HuffyPuff,

Funnily I also recently used the method of thinking of problems or situations to solve before sleep which would lead me on a train of thought and then I'd immediately be out.. found it interesting that you also use a similar method. I remember the walking down 10 steps to go into self-hypnosis and up 10 to meet your spirit guide. didn't try either very long but I think they're very effective. I can't remember what techniques were used in my astral travel book, like I say, had to put it down due to a bad dream! Wink

love and light,
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Misty Wood
    Misty Wood
    Admin

Post  Misty Wood Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 am

This has now been moved to Astral Travel / Projection due to the number of comments on this.
    HuffyPup

Post  HuffyPup Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Misty Wood wrote:This has now been moved to Astral Travel / Projection due to the number of comments on this.

Wow - we Astral Travelled to another section! ;-)

Another path to astral travel that i've heard about is the path of sensory deprivation. This can be something like a floatation tank or a witches bag. A floatation tank is (as the names suggest) simple a large bath-shaped tank with very salty water in it at a warm, comfortable temperature and good sound insultion. The plan is that you lay there in dark, in total silence floating in warm water and have virtually no stimulous other than your own thoughts. A witches bag is a black bag that a subject is suspended in, in a silent area. With no noise, no sense of time, no sight and no contact with the ground the subject is left to their own thoughts.

Personally I used to love jumping off my motorcycle, tearing off my leathers and helmet, and then going to lay on my bed with the windows closed - you went from the roar and speed of a motorcycle to the calm, serenity of your bed in the quiet countryside and the contrast was just startling, and very relaxing. Similarly putting in under a nice, big tree and laying on the ground relaxing was a great way to "come down" after a frantic, noisy, exciting blast through the countryside!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content