Misty Wood - spiritual forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Misty Wood - spiritual forum

A forum for all things spiritual, tarot, reiki and beyond.

2 posters

I Ching oracle deck

Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

I Ching oracle deck Empty I Ching oracle deck

Post  Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Do any of you know anything about the I Ching, have used it before or would like to?
    I have the book (Book of Changes, translated by Wilhelm) as well as a deck of I Ching oracle cards. Do any of you too and would like to share your experiences?
    AngelicRealms
    AngelicRealms

I Ching oracle deck Empty Re: I Ching oracle deck

Post  AngelicRealms Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 am

I have no idea what it is. Can you explain?
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

Post  Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Dear AngelicRealms,

Surely.. Wink The I Ching is an oracle. This means that it contains all experiences that man could possibly experience, so it was once explained to me. That have ever existed and shall ever existed. Thus a complete whole. As an oracle it is a method of divination like the runes and tarot.

The method used is very complex as the I Ching is based upon ancient sacred Chinese texts in form of a book called The Book of Changes. This title is based upon the basic principle or philosophy of the I Ching and thus life, that states that life occured through change, i.e. to better imagine this through times of change. If you imagine yourself doing something for a while, like reading or living in house A and all you concentration (energy or chi ~ lifeforce) is placed into this, thus flows freely in one direction, like a straight line, be it for a few moments or longer periods of time, days, weeks, months, and you do something different then, you change what you're doing, perhaps seen as turning a corner in the line of energy you are emitting, this 'bend' if you like in the line is where Life, or the experience of life is contained, can be seems most clearly, or rather is strongest.

I hope you can imagine this, there was another explanation I had for this, so if I remember I shall let you know later. In any case, yes, that was it.. : the method used here are either coins or yarrow sticks. Three coins and I think nine yarrow sticks ~ I've never used them, some people say they are far more effective than coins and is used only by real experts (which most people in China are ~ back to that later) as it is also far more complex than using the coins and I have never attempted to use, as I find the coins good enough and prefer to study the books, the concepts and words more than the technique.

In any case, going back to what I want to refer to, using either the coins or yarrow sticks, 6 lines are created from bottom to top. With the coins these are created through different combinations of three yin and yang coins, and for a moving line (one that changes and is made of 3 of the same, yin or yang) or a fixed line (two of one and one of the other). All 6 lines form what is known as a hexagram (ref. to number 6). A hexagram is created and any moving lines (3 of either yin or yang)present in it is changed to its opposite (if yin then yang, if yang then yin). Thus some lines may change and form a whole new hexagram to become the hexagram after the change has taken place, a bit like if this then then, or before change, after change to guide you in the right direction or warn you how things could go wrong.

There are I believe 52 hexagrams in the I Ching, each numbered, like my I Ching cards ~ 52 cards for each of them. Tor examples, I would have to chrck my book which is not with me currently, but I can do this later down the line or if you think you're interested perhaps buy The Book of Changes.

With or without doing the readings, its a wonderful and wise book (somewhat quaint in language, but you soon get used to the phrases and what they really mean traditionally or related to your or others lives), which is a trustworthy book that probably every Chinese person alive (in China) has at some stage in their life used to answer even the most basic of questions and consult for nearly any even mundance decision before making it. It really is a fascinating and mind boggling read and method of divination that like I say answers any question as it ~ basically said ~ contains all possible situations ever experienced.

If you have any more questions, please feel to ask. This is a brief into in the I Ching through my eyes and there shall certainly be other and far more detailed information here, I am sure! So I hope you become a little curious, although I don't know how this relates to Angel wisdom. You just have to experience it for yourself. The internet could be a good first step, although I always prefer hands-on learning and would go straight to the original text The Book of Changes, translated by Somebody Wilhelm. It is an excellent translation (the best available) and known throughout the world because of it.

Blessings,

Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 am