Misty Wood - spiritual forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Misty Wood - spiritual forum

A forum for all things spiritual, tarot, reiki and beyond.

3 posters

Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations?

Jim

Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations? Empty Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations?

Post  Jim Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:04 am

Hi All
    Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations or is it anyway that you feel comfortable with?

Jim
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf
    Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf

Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations? Empty Re: Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations?

Post  Şpiяit Җ Ŵołf Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:58 pm

There are certainly many different tarot spreads, which one can use for many different situations and also different according to which type of tarot deck you're using. e.g. I have shamanic cards and there are very different spreads indicated as to modern Western tarot decks. I believe, (by far) the most popular is the Celtic Cross. I learnt this spread from a witch many years ago and only quite some time realised that its almost the standard and most used spread, probably as it can be used for most situations, depending upon the way you ask the question. Other spreads can be more intuitive, more emotional, about relationship (with two lines that represent each partner, which makes a wonderful reading and outcome..), or a yes or no question. There are so many, ranging from the tree of life to the horseshoe, but how many there are even approximately, I have no idea. Do extend your tarot reading experience to others, mostly for learning at the start, and also which to use when for yourself or others. I think most people have their favourites and I practically exclusively use the Celtic Cross. For a brief reading I might also use a 3-card spread or just chose one from the pack after a long reading to confirm its basis/truth.
    Love and light,
    Röebok

p.s. sorry, I realise I might not have answered you question properly..! I see what you mean, and that's a whole different question!
    Misty Wood
    Misty Wood
    Admin

Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations? Empty Re: Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations?

Post  Misty Wood Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Jim wrote:Hi All
    Is there a correct Tarot spread for different situations or is it anyway that you feel comfortable with?

Jim

Both really... many people rely on specific spreads, but others prefer the flexibilty of placing the cards where they want to put them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Although that is a link for readings, it will show you a variety of spreads and what each card in them represents.

Blessings
    Misty
    )O(

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:32 pm